Monday, May 4, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I can now survive mild athletic activity without throbbing pain. I believe I have fully adapted to the mile high syndrome. I've been running a lot lately, and after my first 2 runs, which I blogged about, I was good to go. Today I ran a little over 5 miles and felt great. For some reason, running is a lot more refreshing at this altitude. I could just be dreaming, but I really feel a lot better after running here than after running in Dallas or KC. My first Colorado race is this Saturday. It's a road duathlon that consists of a 5k run, 30k road ride, and another 5k run. It's at the beautiful Cherry Creek State Park, so I should be able to enjoy the scenery whether I'm sucking wind or not! Wish me luck! Cherry Creek State Park pics below.

No comments:

Post a Comment