Monday, April 20, 2009

And the House Hunting Begins

Mi madre and I spent the entire day (minus a lovely 30 minute bike ride) looking for Emily and I's first place in Denver. We are moving to the Washington Park area (pics below). It is a young area with tons of bars and restaurants and one of the most active parks I have ever been to (which doesn't mean much). We have some serious specs that we need to meet in our new home, and it might be tough to find the perfect place. Ideally, we would have 3 bed/2 bath. Since Emily will be working from home we need a room for her office and a guest room. We also want to rent a house so that we have a backyard to hang out in. After driving around for 10 hours today, I'm not sure that our dream house exists in our price range. So, here's the dilemma. Do we give up the joys of living in a house, and rent a condo that meets our specs, or do we rent a house that is smaller than we would like? Hopefully we will be too busy enjoying our newly married life to care. That's what I'm banking on. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Adam,

    Loved the start to the blog buddy. I'm really excited for you and Emily and can't wait for the wedding. Talk to you soon.

    -NFP

    ReplyDelete