Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 1

My new beginning started at a crisp 5am, when my mom and I left Kansas City for my new home in Colorado. A little background on my life. I have lived in Dallas since August 2007. I moved there after my best friend, Jordan Mann, passed away in his sleep May 26th, 2007. Jordan played soccer at SMU, and Dallas just seemed like the right place to be after he passed. After a great year and a half there, my fiance, Emily, and I decided that Colorado was the perfect place for us to begin our married life. Our wedding is June 6th and I decided to move out to Colorado early to get started working... aka I couldn't wait until June to move here. I am staying in Jordan's family's cabin in the mountains of Evergreen, CO until the wedding. Then, Emily and I will move into a house in the Washington Park neighborhood of Denver.

Back to Day 1. We got to Evergreen around 2pm and headed straight to one of Jordan and I's favorite spots, Creekside Cellars. It's a small winery on a creek in downtown Evergreen.



My mom and I ordered lunch, a couple glasses of wine, and relaxed after the long drive from KC. After eating I showed my mom the back deck that overlooks the creek. We weren't out there for more than 5 seconds before I spotted a welcome suprise on the wall. It was Jordan's signature. In December, 2006, Jordan and I ate at Creekside, and Jordan took down the "Guido" sandwich, which earned him a signature on the wall. I had completely forgotten about this "feat" of Jordan's, and finding it was the perfect start to my time in Evergreen.



After Creekside, my mom and I headed up the mountain to the cabin. You would think we would have checked the Evergreen weather before we left, but that would have been way too easy. Instead, we went on the assumption that it would be 70 degrees and sunny all weekend. Little did we know that snow was on the way. Though it was a suprise, it sure made for a beautiful start to my time in Evergreen.



A long day called for an early night. After some time enjoying the scenery from the cabin, we hit the sack to rest up for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment